Get up, go out, watch a movie, fall in love...

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Obvious Child

It seems like this is a good year for independent romantic comedies. I've been looking back at my previous posts and 1 out of 3 good indies turned out to be romantic comedies. 

Obvious Child, which opened in theaters last weekend, is no exception: Clever dialogues, dark humor and excellent characters turn this very simple, and kind of predictable romantic story, into a very funny and enjoyable movie. (Might not be Oscar material, but definitely worth watching). 

I'm not sure if it's because of my twisted/dark sense of humor or because I deeply enjoy to make fun of my own generation's self-obsession and over complicated romantic issues, but whatever the case is, I think this is one smart and original romantic comedy. Much better than any other of those "funny/lame romantic" Hollywood productions we've had this year.  

Also, is worth noting that if you have a New York sense of humor and/or any sympathy for millennial New Yorkers, I'm pretty sure you will get the jokes and understand the characters on a much intimate level. ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment