Get up, go out, watch a movie, fall in love...

Sunday, April 20, 2014

3 films from TriBeCa

After 3 days of film binging, film talking, film breathing in New York, I must admit it's a little overwhelming to accept that there's no way in the world that one can watch all the excellent films and talks this festival has to offer. So, in order to minimize the anxiety, one can only master the use of the festival bible (a wonderful fat little book they give all press members which contains all films, events and information). 

After a few hours of reading every single film description and playing around with the schedule, I have come up with my choices. And let me tell you, the hours spent reading my fat little festival bible have paid off because all films I have watched so far have been pretty good. 

Since it would be a little too long to talk about all these good films, I've decided to give you my top 3 choices so far. 

3. Good bye to All that 



This film was sort of a sociological analysis of modern American couples and intimate relations. With an excellent sense of humor, a very entertaining story and a great cast I can perfectly see why this film is a solid contender in the narrative competition. 




2. Il Capitale Umano

This very clever and intriguing Italian film managed to keep me biting my nails the whole time. Very original structure, very well chosen characters and an absolutely entertaining story. 






1. Keep On Keepin' On

This documentary about Clark Terry, the jazz legend, and a young blind pianist who becomes his pupil is one of the most heart touching and well made documentaries of the year. If you are a music connoisseur or if you are just a film lover, watch this documentary and let this story touch your heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment